Attention to detail: clean, comfortable, quiet and conveniently located
- Spotlessly clean, quiet modern rooms
- Air conditioning & double glazing
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
When you check into your room at Riverstone Motel, you will really enjoy the warm Kiwi welcome – and a cup of fresh coffee!
Riverstone Motel is the newest motel in the Waimakariri, providing quality, modern accommodation with facilities you would expect, such as air conditioning and double glazing. For the benefit of all guests and our staff, we are a SMOKEFREE property.
Attention to detail is what sets us apart; Charlotte and Mike are passionate about providing an exceptional guest experience. From enjoying spotlessly clean rooms, to quality toiletries and towelling in the bathrooms, to triple sheeted beds. Our Reception has a superb coffee machine which is popular among guests; fancy a espresso, cappuccino or latte – or maybe a hot chocolate? Help yourself!
We are located at the southern end of Rangiora, next door to a family-friendly restaurant & bar and only a 3-minute walk from an excellent Pak’nSave supermarket.
Riverstone Motel has a northerly aspect: benefiting from all day sun. Air conditioning, double glazing and sound proofing are fitted to all our rooms, which are finished with contemporary decor. You’ll love our comfortable beds; all have toppers, comfort layers and are triple sheeted, ensuring the highest standard in guest hygiene and cleanliness. Each room has an en-suite bathroom with high pressure showers, a well-appointed kitchenette and functional furniture.
Three rooms on the ground floor are accessible, complete with wet floor, roll-in showers and handrails in the bathrooms.
Our professional housekeepers service the rooms daily upon request. On-site facilities include free parking and free, high-speed Wi-Fi throughout the complex. A continental breakfast service and a guest laundry are also available.
We also have a 4-Bedroom apartment – ideal for groups. With a spacious living and dining area, guests greatly appreciate that each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom. This apartment is the ideal choice for business, sporting and family groups. The living area is large enough to enable meetings and mini-conferences. The 4-Bedroom apartment also caters for guests requiring wheelchair access and facilities.
Much to do!
Rangiora is a thriving hub: the principal town at the heart of the Waimakariri. Local and regional attractions include Canterbury’s premier wine growing region; the Waipara Valley and slightly further north, the world renown spa resort of Hanmer Springs. Good surfing beaches are nearby, and, in the winter, there are several ski fields about an hour’s drive away. Golfers have many choices… from good, local club 18-hole options to more demanding, Championship level courses.
Rangiora itself has an eclectic mix of retailers – from the well-known high street chains to numerous boutique shops and several wonderful cafés. A super museum, detailing the early history of Rangiora and the local district, is open on Wednesday and Sunday afternoons. A multi-screen cinema is very popular. Both Rangiora and Kaiapoi have excellent swimming pools.
Dining options abound in Rangiora and in the neighbouring towns of Kaiapoi and Mandeville North. Taxi and shuttle services, if required, are best booked in advance and the team at Riverstone Motel can provide contact details. Fledgling Uber and Ola services also exist.
Riverstone Motel’s location allows easy access to State Highway 1, SH72 and SH71. With the enhanced northern motorway, the motel is only 20 minutes from Christchurch International Airport and 30 minutes to the Christchurch CBD.
- No Smoking
- Family friendly
- Double glazing
- Air conditioning
- Tea & coffee
- “Every time I stay at Riverstone Charlotte and Mike always look after me and ensure my stay is fantastic. Great service, and I highly recommend to everybody who stays in Rangiora.” – N Taylor, Australia
- “We drove in – without a booking and the lovely Scottish man organised everything for us at the drop of a hat – couldn’t be nicer – even down to the lovely fresh milk for our plunger coffee – Would definitely recommend staying here – our unit was huge and very, very comfortable with superb bedding – didn’t want to leave!!” – Janet, Wellington (NZ)
- “Best motel accommodation we have experienced. Luxury and comfort without compromise.” – B Byrne, Australia
- “We loved our stay in Rangiora the room was comfortable spacious and accessible for my husband and I in wheelchairs and the little room on the side perfect for our son. Bathroom was also perfect, and nothing was a problem for our hosts to assist us where needed. Would definitely stay again.” – Tiffiney P, Hamilton (NZ)
- “We have stayed in many motels / hotels throughout New Zealand & Internationally; we are majorly impressed. Well done! Quality, style, furnishings & design are brilliant. We will definitely stay again and recommend your motel to our friends.” – J. McLain, Singapore